Thursday, October 7, 2010

Poof

I have a great calling in my ward. I am one of the first people to find out if someone has a baby, or when someone has a surgery, or when someone looses a loved one. I get to help take some of the stress off f them. I'm glad I get to be the one taking that phone call, because when so many people feel helpless, or overwhelmed, or just broken...I get to help them. It's a blessing to me. 

This week I've set up a lot of meals for people. People who are grieving. It breaks my heart to hear the sadness in their voices, and to picture their red and swollen eyes. We have all been where they are, and we've all felt what they are feeling, and there really isn't much that can be said to help make it better.

My heart and my prayers are with them right now. I wish I could do more. I wish I could do something that would help them through this time. I would do it.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here...Just that I wish I could do more...But I'm glad I can do something. And I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Macey said...

Girl, people say that prayers are the least they can do when someone's hurting...but I think it's the MOST!