Monday, January 14, 2013

The Day Before

Every single person alive right now or who has ever been alive has had a life changing experience. Probably a lot of them. An event that has changed their course from becoming rodeo clowns. Something that made them someone else than who they were the day before.

I was thinking about that this weekend, along with the new years stuff that I usually think about this time of year, and it struck me how many life changing experiences I have had in my life.

When I was 3 my brother passed away. That loss changed not only me, but my entire family forever. For me though, it prepared me for other losses I would experience. Grandparents, friends, extended family, and my children. I was able to learn a lot of things, but mostly it prepared me for my membership in The Church, and my faith in Eternal Families.

At the age of 8 I was Baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I remember the day, and I remember thinking I have no idea if this is the right thing to do, but everyone else in my family are member, and I guess I'll just go with it. I'm so glad 8yr olds today are smarter than I was!!

About 7 years later I was at a camp for 16 - 18 year olds. That was the first time I can remember asking for myself if I was doing the right thing as far as my faith, and membership in this Church goes. I got my answer. And here I am.

At the age of 21 I moved to Phoenix, AZ. Holy huge change Batman!

Sometime in late 2006 I saw this guy at Church. I've probably told this story before, but I really like it, so here it is again. I didn't know his name. I saw him walking across the front of the Chapel, and I don't remember thinking anything, nothing at all. But I do remember feeling something. Almost like I knew him, or needed to know him. Somehow, I just knew he would be important to me. In December we talked to each other for the first time. We started dating on New Years Eve. The next July, he took me to the Mesa Temple, and we were Sealed as a family for Eternity.

Two year later we started to try to have a baby. This brought several more changes, which you can read about HERE, HERE, or HERE and lots of other places around this blog.

And the most recent change... 7 months ago on June 19th we started the long process to become Foster Parents. I can't wait!! We have wanted to have kids in our home for so long, and Every day I think..it's coming! It's happening! It's almost here!! And honestly... I don't know what it will actually be like. No one does. But even after trainings, and interviews, and friends who foster...I don't know what it will actually be like! And I can't wait to find out!!!

But all of these changes... Who would I be if just one didn't happen?? Who would any of us be if we chose a different College, or group of friends, or job, or house?? Would we have been led to where we are anyway? Or would I be somewhere or someone different (a record holding Skateboarder - do they have records?)? I don't know, but I like to think I would be who I am, because I can't imagine being married to anyone but Jeremy, and I can't imagine being anywhere other than where we are and doing what we are doing. I love my life so much and I am so glad and grateful to have the life I do. It is a beautiful life.
Look! I got a new signature! BAM!

3 comments:

Ian & Cassie said...

Oh my goodness Lady! You have been up to ALOT! I can't believe it. I have been looking for updates since forever and I got them today! So glad to hear about your foster parenting journey. You will be such great parents I can't wait to hear more about it. I will keep checking your blog for more news. :) And yes Brycen will be 2 in April I can't believe I will be the parent of a toddler. It's mind blowing! But so much fun, can't wait for you to have a child in your home.

Jenn said...

I love you & your bright, positive attitude!

Ben and Dena said...

Loved this post. Love you.